After viewing PDFs, sometimes it is necessary to cut out a few pages from PDFs to make them meaningful and precise. If so, you can easily remove PDF pages or blank pages by using free tools on your computer. This article will show you how to delete pages from PDF files by using some free and easy-to-use PDF page removers on Windows or Mac and take a better approach to bringing out the best in PDF editing.
Microsoft Edge on Windows & Mac
Is there a page in your PDF document that doesn’t need to be there, and you want to delete it immediately? A quick, free and easy way to remove pages from a PDF is to use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 or Mac. It is a widely popular browser with a variety of features, including the ability to view and edit PDF documents. Perhaps many users have no clue how to delete a page from a PDF document in Edge. Let’s show you.
- Open the PDF document that you want to delete pages in Microsoft Edge.
- Select Settings and More > Print at the top of the page, or press Ctrl+P in Windows or Command+P in Mac.
- Choose “Save as PDF” Select the Pages > Custom option and specify the pages you’d like to keep in your file. Any pages that you don’t mention will be removed from the new PDF file that you’re making.
- When you’re ready, at the bottom of the “Print” panel, click “Save.” and choose a location and rename your new PDF file.
Basically, open your PDF and use the virtual PDF printer to make a new copy of your PDF that contains only the pages you want to keep. This can really save you time and effort, especially if you need to remove an unnecessary page from a document. It is easy and quick to use. However, the process requires saving a new PDF document, which can be time consuming if you have multiple documents to delete pages from.
ONEPDF on Windows & Mac
ONEPDF has a fast process and prompts users to try it without hesitation. It provides efficient, effective, and reliable PDF editing results online for your Windows and Mac users. Here you will learn how to delete pages from PDF files from the online PDF remover.
- Open the ONEPDF on your device.
- Upload the PDF files that you want to delete pages. And wait for the process read your files.
- Select the pages that need to be deleted or all the pages and hit the “Delete Pages” button on the page management interface.
- Save and rename your new PDF document in a new location.
Thus, you have successfully deleted the PDF pages in a blink of an eye. Deleting pages from a PDF document on UPDF is such a simple process. Another interesting thing about this tool is that you can do many PDF functions on the ONEPDF website, such as compressing PDF files and converting them into Word and Excel. A reliable and powerful PDF editor that you can trust in your daily.
Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac
It’s easy to remove pages from your PDF file with Adobe Acrobat. Learn how to quickly remove PDF pages that are no longer needed, or some pages which include some confidential information or incorrect content, so as to share them easily.
- Open PDF in Adobe Acrobat. If the PDF doesn’t open in Acrobat, right-click the file, choose Open with, and then select Acrobat as the PDF opener.
- Click Organic Pages from Tool in the right panel. You will now see thumbnails (small versions of each page) in the Document area.
- Select the page you want to delete. If you want to select more than one page at a time, click the page thumbnail in the left panel. Then press and hold Ctrl (PC) or Command (Mac) as you click each page you want to delete.
- When finished, click “Save” and name the file.
You can use this tool to delete pages from PDF and edit PDF content as well. If you have the paid version of Adobe Acrobat, this would be perfect. If you don’t, you could also get a full-featured trial version of Adobe Acrobat, which will cost you nothing at all for 7 days. Get the trial now.
Preview on Mac
If you use the Mac to remove unneeded pages from your PDF files, nothing would be easier than that. It is a pre-installed viewer app on Mac systems. You can use it optimally to make desired changes to PDF content. A default PDF remover on the Mac is used to discuss the steps to remove PDF pages. Natively, use the Preview app on your Mac to free your work now. It will be difficult if you don’t know the steps to remove pages in Preview. So do any of the following:
- Double-click the PDF file to open it in Preview. If it opens in another program, such as Adobe Reader, right-click the file, select Open with, and then click Preview.
- Click the view menu. It’s in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click the thumbnail on the menu. This displays all pages as thumbnails.
- Select the page you want to delete. If you want to delete more than one page, press and hold the Command key as you click each page.
- Press the Delete key on the keyboard. If you prefer, you can click the Edit menu at the top of the screen and choose Delete instead. This removes the selected pages from your PDF.
- Save your deleted PDF file in the new location.
In addition to deleting pages from a PDF, the powerful Preview PDF editor supports creating a new PDF, adding blank pages, moving pages, copying pages from one PDF to another.
Deleting a PDF page on Windows and Mac may seem like a complicated task, but it is relatively straightforward with the right tools and clear steps. Following the methods and tips described above, you can quickly and effortlessly delete unnecessary pages while maintaining the integrity of your PDF files.